Thursday, July 14, 2011

Swimming sea otter felt brooch

Sea otters are quite smart (even if they are just felt brooches). They’re using stones to tear out sea creatures of the seabed. And if they catch “food in can”, like snails or oysters, they put stone on their own belly and crash hard shell on it. Et voila! Dinner’s ready!

Below lovely photo by Jon Cornforth. Ah! that face expression.
Fern Harbor Sea Otter 30 by Jon Cornforth ❘ Cornforth Images (CornforthImages) on 500px.com
Fern Harbor Sea Otter 30 by Jon Cornforth ❘ Cornforth Images

7 comments:

  1. I love sea otters! Your broach is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the broach! and you just can't beat that face on the live otter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom loves otters. I'll have to show her this cute little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a little sweetheart! I saw my first real-life otter when we visited California last month - I had no idea they were the size of a dog! I thought they were like, weasel sized

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look sweet, cuddly, but can bite ;) Thank You guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soo Cute! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete